Role - Freight Operator
Hours - Monday – Friday 9-5:30pm (1 hour lunch break)
Annual leave allowance - 20 days, after 2 years this will increase by 1 every year until a max of 25 days plus all bank holidays
Salary – £20-22K depending on experience
Benefits – Company pension, private health care, all employees receive a quarterly profit share when and if applicable.
We are looking for a freight forwarder with minimum 3 years’ experience to join our operations team at PSP Hampshire in Fareham. Premier Shipping & Packing Ltd (PSP Logistics) is a freight forwarding and export packing company based in Segensworth, Fareham, with a turnover of over £7million.
PSP is an ambitious and exciting company providing logistics solutions to a variety of clients from a range of sectors. We also manufacture wooden cases in both our South Coast depots to protect cargo in transit. A rare opportunity has arisen for an organised and professional Freight Forwarder to join our operations team.
The job will involve:
- Ensuring Freight is moved to customer specifications, on time with all the necessary customs documentation
- Build strong working relationships with clients, suppliers, shipping lines & overseas partners/agents
- Data entry
- Using Boxtop freight software
- Arrange deliveries/collections with hauliers
- Negotiate rates / maximise profits
- Making bookings
- Liaising with the sales department to acquire new and/or existing business
- Consolidation of cargo and understanding how to maximise vehicle payloads
- International transport planning
- Invoicing/charging of files
- Passing purchase invoices
- Arranging import/export and cross trade shipments
- Good freight knowledge, minimum 3 years’ experience
- Good computer knowledge
- Proactive approach to tasks
- Good verbal and written communication
- Can remain calm in a high pressure environment
- Attention to detail
Please send your CV to email@example.com
No agencies please.