We are expanding and looking for an experienced freight forwarder to join our operations team in Fareham. The successful candidate will get involved in all aspects of freight forwarding both sea and air freight. You will be responsible for managing the whole process from working on competitive quotations to completing all the paper work, Bills of Ladings and invoicing. You will need to be a team player with a minimum of 5 years’ freight experience, with great attention to detail and excellent customer service skills. There will be plenty of opportunities to develop your skills in a all departments and support and training will be provided.
Established in 1998 by Managing Director Frank Dixie, Premier Shipping & Packing ltd (PSP Logistics) is a privately-owned freight forwarder and export packer with offices in Hampshire, Dorset and London. We have a workforce of over 40 employees working in both the office and the wooden case making facilities. Our client base stretches across many sectors and we move cargo by sea and air to destinations all over the world.
- Ensuring Freight is moved to customer specifications, on time with all the necessarily customs and documentation.
- Build strong working relationships with clients, suppliers, shipping lines & overseas partners/agents
- Data entry
- Arrange deliveries/collections with hauliers.
- Negotiate rates / maximise profits.
- Making bookings.
- Liaising with sales department to acquire new and/or existing business
- Consolidation of cargo and understanding how to maximise vehicle payloads
- International transport planning
- Invoicing/charging of files
- Passing purchase invoices
- Good freight forwarding knowledge
- Good computer knowledge
- Proactive approach to tasks
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good geographical knowledge
In return, you will receive a competitive remuneration package including a salary - between 22-25K (DOE), holiday allowance– 20 days per annum, after 2 years of service this will increase by 1 day per year to a max of 25 days, and other benefits - private health care (after successfully completing a 3-month probational period) company pension and profit share when and if applicable.
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing/share options
- Company pension
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Sick pay
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
If you are interested in this Freight Forwarding position in Fareham, please apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com. Please note that the closing date for this position is Tuesday 17th March 2020. No agencies please.